Eagle Tawny (Aquila rapax) jousting – KZN South AfricaFull Size
Zimanga Private Game Reserve is unique in that it specialises in having a number of specialised hides for close encounters with game and birds. This photo was taken from the Scavenger Hide.
Some hides (bunkers) are designed for four persons to stay overnight with a small kitchen, bunks and are air conditioned also WiFi. Camera tripods on wheels with comfortable wheeled chairs are provided. You are behind one-way glass and at ground level of the water holes that is illuminated. At only 3 metres from visiting creatures, the view and photo opportunities are amazing but long lens are not needed!
- Species:Tawny Eagle (Aquila rapax)
- Bird Type:Adults jousting over food
- FamilyKites, Hawks & Eagles (Accipitridae)
- Date Taken20190121
- Location:Zimanga Game Reserveanga
- Area:KwaZulu Natal
- Country:South Africa
- Region:All Africa South of Sahara